Herb cheese made of paneer and an assortment of aromatic herbs is a lip-smacking spread or topping for any snack. Together with lettuce, it is a calcium-rich combo one cannot ignore. The herb cheese and roasted capsicum sandwich gets it super flavour and aroma not just from the herb cheese but also the capsicum which is roasted to enhance the flavour. A breakfast that equips you to win the world today!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 9 mins
Makes 4 sandwiches
1 medium yellow capsicum
1 medium red capsicum
1 medium green capsicum
8 whole wheat bread slices
3/4 tsp oil for brushing
salt to taste
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
4 big iceberg lettuce leaves
For The Herb Cheese
3/4 cup grated low-fat paneer (cottage cheese)
1 tbsp low-fat curds (dahi)
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tbsp finely chopped dill leaves
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
salt to taste
For the herb cheese
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Divide the herb cheese into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Pierce the yellow capsicum with a fork, brush it using ¼ tsp of oil evenly over it and roast it over an open flame till it turns black from all the sides.
- Cool, wash it in cold water and remove the skin, stem and seeds and discard them. Cut the capsicum into thin slices and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for red and green capsicum.
- Combine the red, yellow and green capsicum slices, salt and dried mixed herbs in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the capsicum mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the herb cheese evenly over it.
- Place a portion of the roasted capsicum mixture and a lettuce leaf over it and sandwich it using another bread slice.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to make 3 more sandwiches.
How to pack
- Wrap in an aluminium foil and pack in a tiffin box.