A combination that truly tastes divine. The fluffy little pakodis which are deep fried and soaked in water go well with a hot coconut and curd based kadhi topped with a sweet and spicy chutney, lots of sprouts and spring onions.
Preparation Time: 20 mins.
Cooking Time: 15 mins.
For the pakodis
- Drain the soaked urad dal.
- Grind together the urad dal, ginger, green chilli and salt in a food processor to a coarse paste, using a little water.
- Mix the prepared paste with the soda bi-carb adding a little water if required till the batter is light and fluffy.
- Drop small portions of the batter into hot oil and deep fry on a slow flame till the pakodis are golden brown. (This makes about 24 pakodis)
- Soak the deep fried pakodis in water for about 45 minutes. Drain.
- Squeeze out the excess water. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Place the pakodis in a serving bowl and pour the hot coconut kadhi over it.
- Spoon the khajur imli ki chutney and green chutney on top.
- Top with the spring onions, moong sprouts, coriander and serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Pakodi Chaat