Roman Style Pumpkin Soup
A creamy soup with a unique taste of pumpkin cooked in calcium rich and low cal milk. Enjoy this soup garnished with mint for added flavours.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 4 servings
2 1/2 cups peeled red pumpkin (bhopla / kaddu) small cubes
1 tsp low fat butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/2 cup peeled potato cubes
1 cup low fat milk (99.7% fat-free)
1/2 tsp dried thyme or mixed herbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
For The Garnish
1 tbsp chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin and potatoes and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of hot water, mix well and simmer till the potatoes are cooked.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and then blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Combine the puréed mixture and thyme with 2 cups of hot water in a pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with the mint leaves.
Recipe Source: Roman Style Pumpkin Soup