Banana Walnut Pancakes
The natural sweetness of the bananas and the salty, nutty flavour of walnuts are a heavenly match, be it in salads, cakes, loaves or pancakes. Easily and quickly made, these banana walnut pancakes are delicious, with a tempting aroma characteristic of sweet pancakes cooked in butter. Drizzle a little jam or honey on top and serve hot to your loved ones, for a perfect start to their day and yours.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Makes 8 pancakes
1 cup plain flour (maida)
2 ripe bananas , mashed
1/2 cup walnuts (akhrot) , finely chopped
3/4 cup milk
4 tbsp castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp melted butter
butter to cook
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to make a smooth batter, making sure that no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, spread about 3 to 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the batter to make a thick pancake of about 100 mm. (4″) diameter.
- Cook the pancake over a medium heat, using a little butter to cook both sides until golden brown.
- Repeat the same for the remaining batter to make about 8 pancakes.
- Serve hot with honey or jam.
- Use over-ripe bananas for best results.
Recipe Source: Banana Walnut Pancakes