Vietnamese Stir-fried Noodles
A mélange of mixed vegetables and sauces, adds a twist to this simple yet mouth-watering noodle preparation.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Makes 4 servings
2 tbsp oil
1/3 cup sliced onions
1 carrot, peeled, blanched and cut into jullienes
4 to 5 baby corns, chopped into 25 mm. (1″) pieces
1/3 cup broccoli florets
2 tsp shitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water and sliced
1/2 vegetarian seasoning cube
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tsp red chilli sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
2 cups Boiled Noodles
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, baby corn , broccoli and mushrooms and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water and vegetarian stock cube and bring to boil.
- Add the Oyster sauce, red chilli sauce, soya sauce, sugar, cornflour mixture, salt and pepper. Mix well and allow it to thicken slightly.
- Add the noodles and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Vietnamese Stir-fried Noodles