Methi Moong Dal Subzi
You can eat healthily and yet enjoy some of the favourites. Here’s a classic example of cooking a subzi like methi with just a teaspoon of oil for 2 people.
Preparation Time: 5 mins.
Cooking Time: 10 mins.
1/4 cup soaked yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
2 cups chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 cloves of garlic (lehsun), grated
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, fenugreek leaves and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the soaked moong dal and ½ cup of hot water.
- Sprinkle the besan, mix well and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, till the moong dal is cooked.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
Recipe Source: Methi Moong Dal Subzi