Whole Wheat, Walnut and Raisin Cookies
Satisfy your child’s sweet tooth with these cookies full of raisins and nuts, which are a concentrated source of calcium, iron and fibre.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Baking Time: 30 mins.
Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F).
Makes 12 servings
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
3 tbsp chopped walnuts (akhrot)
2 tbsp chopped raisins (kismis)
1/4 cup butter
3 tbsp sugar
- Mix the flour, butter and sugar with your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the walnuts and raisins and knead it into a dough using water.
- Cover with a plastic film and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll out into a sheet of 6 mm (¼”) thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out round cookies approx. 37 mm (1½”) in diameter.
- Re-roll the remaining scraps of dough to make more cookies and place them all on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 minutes or till the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Recipe Source: Whole Wheat, Walnut and Raisin Cookies