Rice Vegetable Risotto
The colourful veggies in this dish makes it extremely appealing and also irresistible due to their aromatic flavours while being cooked.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Makes 4 servings
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tbsp finely chopped celery
2 tbsp finely chopped zucchini
1/2 cup finely chopped red, yellow and green capsicum
salt to taste
2 cups leftover cooked rice
2 tbsp fresh cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
freshly ground pepper powder to taste
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the garlic and celery and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add all the vegetables and salt and mix well.
- When the vegetables have softened a little, add the rice, cream, milk and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Bring to boil and simmer for a few minutes, adding more water if required.
- Add the pepper, mix well and serve hot.
Recipe Source: Rice Vegetable Risotoo