Jowar, Date and Cashewnut Cookies
Indulge your child’s sweet tooth with these yummy and nutritious date and cashewnut cookies! this iron-rich treat will ensure optimum high brain function and development and assist your child’s growth as well. Wholesome jowar flour and soya flour replace refined flour in these cookies, while iron-rich dates and energy-rich cashews add flavour and texture.
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F)
Makes 10 cookies
1/2 cup jowar (white millet) flour
1/2 cup deseeded and chopped dates (khajur)
3 tbsp chopped cashewnuts (kaju)
1/2 cup soya flour
1/2 cup butter
4 tbsp powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp butter for greasing
- Combine the dates and ¾ cup of water in a deep pan and bring to boil.
- Lower the flame and cook for another 10 minutes or till the dates are fully mashed. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the soya flour, jowar flour, butter and sugar in a bowl using your finger tips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the date mixture, cashewnuts and cocoa powder, mix well and knead it into a semi-stiff dough.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into a small round.
- Grease the baking tray lightly with butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: Jowar, Date and Cashewnut Cookies