Potato croquettes wrapped in bands of fettuccine makes for an elegant and simple appetiser.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Makes 6 servings
1 cup fettuccine
2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
1 small chopped onions
1 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/4 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 tbsp coriander (dhania)
2 tbsp butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper powderto taste
dry red chilli flakes (paprika) for the garnish
- Cook the fettuccine al dente. Drain and immerse in cold water. Untangle, drain and keep aside in a kitchen towel.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and sauté the onions and garlic for a few seconds and add the mashed potatoes.
- Add the dried herbs, coriander, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cool the mixture and shape into 6 croquettes approx. 2 ½ inches long.
- Wrap the fettuccine around each croquette, covering the entire croquette. Place them on a heat-proof plate and brush them with a little melted butter. Grill them under a grill or a pre-heated oven till they are lightly browned. Sprinkle the chilli flakes on the top.
- Serve hot with a sauce or dip of your choice.
Recipe Source: Fettuccine Rolls