This is one of the simplest desserts to prepare because the pancakes can be made well ahead of time and stored refrigerated in an air-tight container. When required, simply put together the coconut filling and pancakes, deep fry and serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Makes 12 servings
oil for deep-frying
For the pancakes
- Mix the plain flour, cornflour, milk, salt and ½ cup of water. Mix well so that no lumps remain.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5″) diameter non-stick pan with the butter.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- When the sides start to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
- Repeat for the remaining batter to make more pancakes, greasing the pan with butter when required.
How to proceed
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the filling on each pancake and fold. Seal the edges by applying a little of the pancake mixture as shown in the below.
- Deep fry in hot oil till they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice-cream.
Recipe Source: Coconut Pancakes