Paneer Mutter Pulao
Paneer is a show-stealer! undoubtedly one of my favourites. Layers of rice and spicy paneer mutter make this biryani a real delicacy. Definitely worth a try!
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 17 mins
Makes 4 servings
For The Milk Rice
1 1/4 cups rice (chawal) , soaked and drained
1 cup milk
1 tbsp ghee
1 cardamom (elaichi)
2 cinnamon (dalchini)
2 cloves (laung / lavang)
1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
salt to taste
For The Paneer Mutter Curry
2 tsp oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
1 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/3 cup readymade tomato puree
2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1/2 cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
1/4 cup boiled green peas
salt to taste
2 tbsp fresh cream
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp of sugar
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
For the milk rice
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the cardamom, cloves, bayleaf and rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, 1 cup of water and salt, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the rice is cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the rice into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
For the curry
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic paste, green chilli paste, garam masala, chilli powder, 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato purée and dried fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, green peas, ¼ cup of water, salt, cream, milk, sugar, mix well and cook no a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the curry into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Grease a deep microwave-safe bowl using ghee, spread 1 portion of the rice evenly using the back of the spoon.
- Spread 1 portion of the curry evenly over it and again spread a portion of rice evenly over it.
- Repeat the step 2 to make 1 more layer of curry and rice.
- Pour the milk evenly over it and sprinkle coriander over it.
- Cover with a microwave safe lid and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Source: Paneer Mutter Pulao