It is so rich and luscious that you might think it is difficult to make! you will be pleasantly surprised to know that paneer pistachio rolls can be prepared within minutes. The paneer gives the rolls a lovely texture and the roasted pistachios ensure a wonderful crunchiness, while the rose essence imparts a pleasant fragrance and flavour. This sweet is always a great hit!
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Makes 5 rolls
1/2 cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp milk
2 tbsp coarsely powdered pistachios
2 to 3 drops of almond essence
1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
coarsely powdered pistachios for rolling
- Place the paneer in a plate and knead well.
- Add the sugar, milk, pistachios and almond essence and mix well.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 5 equal portions and roll out each portion into an oval.
- Roll it in the powdered pistachios till it is evenly coated form all the sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
Recipe Source: Paneer Pistachio Rolls by Tarla Dalal