Semolina always lends itself to quick dishes as it cooks easily. Here, it combines with protein-rich soya milk and a bouquet of other handy ingredients to make instant soya uttapam. You can add more value to this dish by tossing in a few more grated veggies if you find time.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Makes 16 mini uttapams
1 1/2 cups readymade soya milk
1 cup semolina (rava)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
salt to taste
oil for greasing and cooking
- Combine the semolina and soya milk in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, coriander, green chillies and salt and mix well.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil.
- Pour a small spoonful of the batter on the tava and spread it to make a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle. You can make 3 to 4 uttapas at a time.
- When cooked on one side, turn them over and cook on the other side using a little oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more mini uttapams.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney.
Recipe Source: Quick Soya Uttapam by Tarla Dalal