This ice cream comes out great , but making ice-creams does require a little practice. The taste of fresh strawberries is divine. Worth a try !
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Makes 6 scoops
- Combine ¾ cup of strawberries and the sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the cream and milk and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an aluminum tray, cover with an aluminum foil and put in the freezer for atleast 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove it from the freezer and immediately blend in a mixer till the ice crystals are broken down. The mixture after blending should be thick and slushy and not watery.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the remaining ¼ cup of strawberries and mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture again into an aluminum tray or any other container and cover and freeze again for atleast 5 to 6 hours or till the ice cream sets.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream by Tarla Dalal