Kids are sure to have this delicious calcium rich corn and cheese toast. Serve this easy to make recipe when your child comes home hungry…
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Makes 8 toast
4 toasted whole wheat bread slices
1/2 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 tsp plain flour (maida)
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
1/4 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder
salt to taste
For The Topping
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously or till the sauce thickens.
- Add the capsicum and mixed herbs, cheese and mix well and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the mustard powder, corn and salt and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cut each toast into halves and apple a little corn cheese topping on each bread piece.
- Serve immediately topped with tomato ketchup.
Recipe Source: Corn and Cheese Toast by Tarla Dalal