This navratna vegetable is a sweetish vegetable that taste great with parathas or naan.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 4 servings
2 tbsp ghee
1/2 cup grated onions
2 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 cup blanched and chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup broken cashewnuts (kaju)
1 1/2 cups finely chopped mixed vegetables(carrots , frenchbeans and green peas)
1/2 cup fried paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
salt to taste
2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp fresh cream
1/4 cup canned pineapple pieces
a pinch of sugar
2 tbsp canned pineapple syrup
a pinch of garam masala
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium lame for 1 minute.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cashewnuts and 2 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables, paneer, mix well and cook no a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, milk-cornflour mixture and fresh cream and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pineapple, sugar, canned pineapple syrup and garam masala and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh cream and pineapple pieces.
Recipe Source: Navratna Korma by Tarla Dalal