You would surely have tried open sandwiches. What about an exceptional open burger? try this different recipe, and you are sure to fall in love with it. Instead of a cutlet, the spinach and corn open burger uses a rich filling of spinach and corn combined with cream and cheese.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 12 mins
Makes 8 open burgers
For The Filling
1 cup blanched and chopped spinach
1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
salt and freshly ground black peppercorns (kalimirch) to taste
1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1/4 cup water
1 tbsp fresh cream
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
For the filling
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies and again sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously
- Add the fresh cream and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two, butter each burger bun half using ½ tsp of butter and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle).
- Apply ½ tsp of butter on the other side and cook them till brown spots appear.
- Place both the bun halves on a clean, dry surface with the inner side facing upwards.
- Put ¼ cup of the filling on each bun half and place 2 cucumber slices, 1 tomato slices, and 1 onion slice over it.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese and a little chilli flakes over each bun half.
- Place both the open burgers on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the step 3 to 6 to make 6 more open burgers
- Serve immediately with cheesy potato chips/ french fries/ potato wedges
Recipe Source: Spinach and Corn Open Burger by Tarla Dalal