Try this protein rich Rice and Soya Paratha recipe video and leave your reviews and comments.
The wheat and soya chunks ensure that you get the necessary protein and amino acid intake for the day. These parathas are delicious can be made in a jiffy, an ideal way to use up leftover rice too.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 6 parathas
1/2 cup cooked rice (chawal)
1/2 cup powdered soya chunks , refer handy tip
3/4 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
salt to taste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp oil
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
1 1/2 tsp oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter thick circle using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using ¼ tsp of oil, till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
- 1 cup of soya chunks when blended in a mixer gives ½ cup of powdered soya chunks.
Recipe Source: Rice and Soya Paratha by Tarla Dalal