Make this scrumptious Brownie and Strawberry Surprise and leave your comments…
This recipe is a great combination of brownies, custard, chocolate sauce and strawberries. . . .
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 7 mins
Makes 2 servings
1 readymade brownie , cut into 4 pieces
1/4 cup powdered sugar dissolved in 1/4 cupwater
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup whipped cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup thinly sliced strawberries
2 tbsp coarsely crushed mixed nuts
- Combine the custard powder and ¼ cup of cold milk in a small bowl and mix well till the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Combine the remaining 1¾ cups of milk and sugar in a saucepan, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the custard-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, allow it to cool completely and keep aside.
For the chocolate sauce
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, mix gently and keep aside to cool slightly.
How to proceed
- Combine the sugar and ¼ cup of water in a small bowl and mix well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Place 4 brownie pieces on a plate and pour 1½ tbsp of the prepared sugar syrup on each brownie. Keep aside for 10 minutes so the brownie pieces soak the sugar syrup well.
- Combine the prepared chocolate sauce with ¼ cup of milk, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the prepared custard with whipped cream and vanilla essence, fold gently and keep aside.
- Place 2 brownie pieces in a glass, put 3 to 4 strawberry slices and top it with ¼ cup of custard. Again put 3 to 4 strawberry slices and top with 2 tbsp chocolate of sauce followed by 3 to 4 strawberry slices, 2 tbsp of custard and 1 tbsp of chocolate sauce.
- Finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of mixed nuts over it and garnish with a strawberry slice.
- Repeat the steps 5 and 6 to make 1 more serving.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour and serve chilled.
Recipe Source: Brownie and Strawberry Surprise by Tarla Dalal