Make this yummy Rajma Cheese Parathas and leave your comments…
Serve these all-in-one parathas to your little one for lunch or when they come home hungry from school. They are very easy and taste great.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Makes 3 parathas
For The Rajma Stuffing
3/4 cup boiled and coarsely mashed rajma
2 tsp oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
3/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tsp coriander- cumin seeds powder
1/4 cup fresh curds (dahi)
For the dough
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a semi- soft dough using enough water.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
For the rajma stuffing
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mashed rajma, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander, coriander-cumin seeds powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the curds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 200 mm. (8″) diameter circle.
- Cook each chapati lightly on both the sides on a hot tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Place a chapati on a flat , dry surface.
- Place a potion of the mixture in the centre, sprinkle 2 tbsp cheese over it and fold 2 opposite corners of the chapati over the filling, overlapping them slightly. Now fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the stuffing well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the envelope, using oil, till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining chapati and stir-fry to make 2 more envelopes.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Rajma Cheese Parathas by Tarla Dalal