This snack recipe is made with a combination of paneer, potato and corn. This toast will surely be loved by all. The bread is crispy and the topping is creamy and spicy. Serve it immediately once made.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 7 mins
Baking time: 20 to 25 minutes.
Baking temperature: 200°C (400°F).
Makes 16 toast
For The Topping
1/2 cup chopped paneer (cottage cheese)
1/2 cup boiled , peeled and chopped potatoes
1/2 cup boiled and lightly crushed sweet corn kernels
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
salt to taste
2 tsp cornflour
1/3 cup grated processed cheese
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
sweet chilli sauce
For the topping
- Combine all the ingredients, except the coriander in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till thick, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow it to cool slightly and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Cut the bread slices into approx. 62 mm. (2 1/2″) diameter rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Place the bread roundels on a greased baking tray and apply a little butter on each bread roundels.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°c) for 8 to 10 minutes, or till they turn light brown and crisp.
- Spread a little topping (approx. 1 tbsp) on the toasted bread roundels and sprinkle ½ tsp of cheese on top.
- Bake again in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes, or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce.
Recipe Source: Paneer Potato and Corn Toast by Tarla Dalal