Try this recipe video by Tarla Dalal and leave your comments
These parathas are unusual with a twist of spinach added to paneer parathas. . They are very tasty and great to serve with curds and pickle.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 6 parathas
For the dough
- Combine the spinach, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Combine the plain flour, whole wheat flour, salt, ghee and the prepared spinach purée, mix well and make a dough using a little water.
- Allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
How to proceed
- Divide the dough and stuffing into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little wheat flour.
- Place a portion of the prepared stuffing on half of the circle and fold it over to make a semi- circle.
- Grease a non-stick tava (griddle) using ghee and cook the paratha till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides, using a little ghee.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with curds and pickle of your choice.
Recipe Source : Spinach and Paneer Paratha by Tarla Dalal