Whip up some thick, fresh tomato pizza sauce and spoon them on to the pizza base. Top up with capsicum, onions and lots of cheese and bake until the cheese is all molten and hot! bite into a slice of this pizza and enjoy!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 7 mins
Baking time: 17 to 20 minutes.
Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F).
Makes 2 pizzas
For The Pizza Sauce
1 1/4 cups blanched tomatoes , refer handy tip
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chilli flakes
salt to taste
For the pizza sauce
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the blanched tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato ketchup, sugar, oregano, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the sauce into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Place a pizza base on a flat, dry surface and spread ½ portion of the pizza sauce on it. Arrange ¼ cup capsicum juliennes over it and sprinkle ½ cup of grated cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat step 1 to make 1 more pizza and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 12 to 15 minutes or till the pizza base is crisp.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- 6 large tomatoes after blanching will yield approx. 1¼ cups blanched, peeled, deseeded and finely chopped tomatoes.
Recipe Source: Quick Tomato Pizza by Tarla Dalal